Rewind to 2011. Inactivity, sedentry lifestyles, obesity rates and associated diseases are rising fast. Anxiety, depression and poor mental health leading to suicide. Long gone are the days of the iconic Bridge to Bridge fun run. It’s time to bring it back….
Working closely with RCMB and the OPAL program, a small team of volunteers run the first inaugural Murray Bridge Fun Run in aid of the JDRF for Type 1 diabetes. To continue to run this event and provide the community with an accessible and affordable event promoting healthier lifestyle choices, Murraylands Multipsorts is born and incorporated.
Since its inception a small band of volunteers has continued to run the organisation that garnered local and council support that helped Murray Bridge “Parkrun” get started. Now MMI hosts annually a number of iconic and adventurous community charity challenges that are accessible, inclusive, affordable and unique to the state and region of the Murraylands.
January during the Tour Down Under – “RiverRaid Community Road Ride”
- 44km and 84km Road Ride taking in local Murraylands and River townships.
April – “Murray River Trail Running Festival”
- 3km – 5km – 10km – 1/2 Marathon distances taking in the local River Trails
WINTER – “Calli Hill and Rocky Gully X-Duo”
- Offroad duathlon series comprising of trail running and mountain biking in the local National Parks
July – “Federation Ultra Trail”
- New Ultra Trail Marathon with 12.5/25/50km distances on the newly opened Lavender/Federation Trail
September “Lofty 105/Gravelfest”
- Mountain biking and CX-Gravel Grinding festival on Rockleighs famous gravel roads and farmers tracks. Distances to suit all abilities from 20km to 105km
In 2018 we are launching a new campaign to get more kids active and outdoors and to reconnect with nature. “Kids Run Wild – Kids Run Free” as the name suggests we aim to get more kids running in the wild and to encourage this, kids will indeed run for free! Our X-duo series will host free trail running for kids and if all goes to plan, a free duathlon race also. We will continue in this same vein with our 5th annual Lofty 105 event with kids able to ride accompanied by an adult at no cost.